Lipsticks I'm Loving This Festive Season

Hello internet, tonight I'm sharing some of my favourite lipsticks to wear this festive season. This blog post was meant to go up a while a go but I just never got around to it. I thought that I would post it now because if I didn't then I never would. For me Autumn/winter has to be my favourite time of the year in terms of makeup, Christmas especially. There is just something so simple but pretty about gold eyes and a classic red lip. However, red is not the only colour that I love this Month, I hope you enjoy this post.



The first lipstick is the NYX Matte Lipstick in Alabama, this is a gorgeous deep red with a brown undertone. In my opinion this is the perfect colour for both autumn and winter, I just happen to gravitate more towards it during Christmas. This lipstick has an amazing colour payoff and lasts quite well as it is a matte shade. NYX is a brand that I would highly recommend their lip products to all. However, I would be sure to use a lip liner with this to make sure it looks neat. I like the MUA and L'Oreal ones as well as the NYX Suede.


The next product is an old favourite of mine, its the Revlon Lip Butter in 050 Berry Smoothie. This is very easy to apply, leaves a gorgeous glossy finish, and is the perfect your lips but better shade (for my lips). A great thing about this is that there is no need for a lip liner which is a huge bonus for me. I would recommend this to you if you're in need of an easy Christmas colour and are not as skilled in the lip department.


The third lipstick is Clinique in Nude Pop. I got this as a free sample with a magazine a long time ago and have loved using it since. Its the perfect easy to apply and wear Christmas colour. I also love the packaging as it is so pretty and easy to take anywhere as its a great size. It has a nice sparkly sheen which makes it match basically any look you can create this season. This is definitely going to be one of my go-to's this Christmas. 



Next, is the MAC lipstick in pink plaid. This was and still is the first high end lipstick that I own. This is a matte lipstick lasts well and has a great colour payoff. I would describe it as a 'pretty' colour that has blue/purple undertones. I understand that pink is not classically a Christmas colour but this year there is something that is just drawing me to it. 



For me nude lipstick is an essential all year round. Its very easy to wear as there is a colour to suit all, it can also be one of the easiest to apply. I would recommend any NYX, Rimmel London, and L'Oreal product as I own things from these brands and they are some of my favourite. The nude lipstick I use, however, is from Jack Wills in a set last year. If you are stuck on a shade I would go for a nude, as it is also easy to pull off with any look.  


Now, the 'red' red of choice for me this year is mainly a Jack Wills lipstick I was gifted in a set last year. However, I understand that it's not something that is available in store so this is the next best thing. The Jelly Pong Pong Moisturising Lip Lip Stain is something that I have been using a lot recently as it is a great 'pop of colour' during this very grey time of year. It's very easy to apply, is the perfect red for Christmas and lasts well (it stains your lips). I also find that it removes using my Garnier micellar water very well.


Thank you if you have enjoyed reading about my go-to lipsticks for Christmas 2017, I hope you have/have had a great day wherever you are. If you want to then you can follow my Instagram @simplyannieelizabeth and twitter @anniejenkins_ for updates. I have Pinterest and Bloglovin' if you want to take a look. You can also follow my blog and get email notifications by heading to the menu at the top. What red lipstick would you recommend?  

Comments

Popular Posts