Chocolate Orange Cheesecake- Tanya Bakes



Good Afternoon internet! I cannot believe that it's already the 13th December, where has the month gone? Anyway, today I am going to be sharing with you how I made Tanya Burr's Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. Okay, so mine may not look anywhere near as perfect as Tanya's but it for sure tastes delicious. There's just something very Christmassy about Chocolate and oranges, so why not put them together! If like me, you are a fan of cheesecake, this is the perfect recipe for you! 



The ingredients that you will need are:
300g double chocolate cookies (I used chocolate chip)
100g of melted butter
zest of 2 oranges
250g full-fat cream cheese
150g icing sugar
200g Terry's Chocolate Orange (plus more for decorating)
150g double cream





The first step is to crush the biscuits until they are crumbs. Combine and mix with the butter (melted) and zest of 1 orange. I then used the bottom of a glass to press the mixture into the base of a 21cm round loose-bottomed tin.



The next step is to mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth, then set aside.



In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt 200g of the Chocolate Orange, (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water).



After melting the chocolate, whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks.



Once the cream has been whipped, combine the chocolate and cream cheese mixture with it. Mix this until its smooth. For some reason my mixture has small lumps of chocolate in it (I'm not complaining though as it did not affect the taste at all).

 

 The final step is to pour it onto the biscuit base and smooth it out. You can then decorate it with the remaining slices of Terry's Chocolate Orange and the zest of the other orange. Make sure you leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before enjoying a slice.



In my opinion this has to be without a doubt the best cheesecake I have ever tasted. It has the perfect flavour, and crunchy base you would hope for. I am so glad that I decided to add this to my list of 'to-bake' this Christmas.

Thank you if you have enjoyed finding out how I made this Cheesecake, I hope you have/have had a great day wherever you are. If you want to then you can follow my Instagram @simplyannieelizabeth and twitter @anniejenkins_ for updates. I have Pinterest and Bloglovin' if you want to take a look. You can also follow my blog and get email notifications by heading to the menu at the top. What do you enjoy baking the most at Christmas?  

Comments

  1. Wow, this looks incredible! I always associate Terry's Chocolate Orange with Christmas - delicious!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's never Christmas without a bit of Chocolate Orange.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts