Morocco Adventures- Marrakech

This time last year I was lucky enough to go on a schools worldwide trip to Morocco. I had an amazing time and it was a great photo opportunity. As it was a 14 day trip I have far too many pictures to share them all but I will share some.

We left school at 1:30am to catch a plane to Morocco at Stansted airport. The view from the window seat on the plane was amazing, everything was very orange, unlike England. After what felt like hours of queuing up to get passports checked we were finally, officially in Morocco, and it was a very hot day.


The first thing we did after arriving in Marrakech was head to the hotel, where we were given mint tea. We had a lot of this in Morocco and I loved it. It had a lovely taste. A few people, me being one headed to the local supermarket to buy some lunch for everyone. It was hard to chose lunch that everyone would enjoy but we managed to succeed.





After Lunch we got a horse/cart ride to this beautiful place (pictures below). I really enjoyed the journey there, the roads were very different to England. They we a lot busier and we were on the right side of the road. During the journey I saw these huge baskets full of spices, there were so many different colours, they all looked amazing.









After walking around this beautiful place and taking loads of pictures, (I have many more) we spent a lot of time in the huge (bigger than I'd imagined) market. There we loads of spices, bags, there was also jewellery and so much more. We headed into this shop that sold spices, oils, creams and more. Everything smelt and sounded really good. In the end I bought a magic lipstick, green in the tube but pink on the lips. I also got a henna tattoo. we then went back to the hotel before heading out for dinner.

For dinner we went to a restaurant and sat at a table on the roof. Everything was very pretty, there was a black fence with green plants and lanterns on it. I would have taken a picture but before I knew it it was too dark.

For dinner we had soup and bread to start, (the bread in morocco was great). For mains we had kebabs, chips and pasta. For pudding, (which was my favourite,) we had these cornflakes things covered in a sweet sauce and these crispy things. After dinner we headed back to the hotel to get ready for bed.



Thank you if you have enjoyed this post, I hope you have/have had a great day wherever you are. If you want to then you can follow my Instagram @annieelizabethj for updates when I post. x

Comments

Popular Posts