The Best Chocolate Chip Shortbread

When I first made these I could not believe how delicious they were. These shortbread's are perfect, I found them in the 'Tanya Bakes' book by Tanya Burr. This book has definitely not failed to impress me, everything I've made from it has been amazing. So, this recipe should make about 15 shortbread's.

Ingredients:
250g plain flour (extra for dusting)
75g caster sugar
175g cold butter
75g milk chocolate chips
75g white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F/GM4. Then line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. I like to put butter under to stick the paper down as well as on top.

Mix the flour and sugar together then work in the butter with your fingers until the consistency is of breadcrumbs.

After that you can add the chocolate chips and form the mixture into a dough. It will be crumbly but hold its shape when squeezed together.

Flour a surface and roll out the dough to about 1.5cm thick. You can cut the shortbread's into fingers, rounds or triangles. Make sure some space is left between them on the tray as they will expand. Bake the shortbread's for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden. These shortbread's taste amazing warm or cool so eat them how you wish.

I forgot to take pictures when I made them but here are some pictures of the final result.










Thank you if you have enjoyed this post, I hope you have/have had a great day wherever you are. If you want to then you can follow my Instagram (@annieelizabethj) for updates when I post. x

Comments

Popular Posts