How I clean my makeup Brushes

Good Afternoon internet, Recently I decided that it was finally time that I cleaned some of my makeup brushes. A task that I had been putting off for a while. So for today's post I thought that I would share with you how I did it. I hope you enjoy reading this blog post.



The above pictures show my brushes before I washed them, as you can see there is more product on some brushes than others. I found that the brushes that had concealer and foundation on them were the hardest to clean, they also still had a bit of product on them after. However the brushes with non liquid makeup on them cleaned very well and I am happy with how they turned out.

To clean the brushes I used a small amount of soap. You could use, shampoo, shower gel, or hand soap. You can also get products designed specifically to clean makeup brushes. I don't have a special product so I just used shower gel. 

Firstly, I got the palm of my left hand wet and gently swirled the brush around on it. I then got a small amount of shower gel and again gently swirled the brush around. You should see the makeup coming off the brush by the colour on your hand. After doing this I put the cold water tap on to a very small amount and again swirled it around rinsing all the product away.

If you are washing a brush that has a lot of product on it (e.g foundation), then you could repeat this until you are satisfied that all the product has gone. Once I was happy that a brush was clean I would make sure that it was in it's shape as normal and place it on a table edge as shown in the picture below. 



This was how they looked after being cleaned, I also had no problems with anything breaking or coming off the brush due to the water/soap. I know that this may not be the perfect method but this is what I have been doing to clean my makeup brushes. If you have any tips please do share them below as they would be most appreciated.

Thank you if you have enjoyed reading about how I clean my makeup brushes, I hope you have/have had a great day wherever you are. If you want to then you can follow my Instagram @annieelizabethj and twitter @anniejenkins_ for updates. You can also follow my blog and get email notifications by heading to the menu.  

Comments

Popular Posts